Puri Lumbung Cottages
Puri Lumbung Cottages is a unique tourism project. It combines the efforts of the people of Munduk Village with the Bali Tourism Institute to assist in community development and environmental and cultural preservation within the context of ‘sensitive’ tourism.
Our compound is designed in the traditional Balinese manner modeled on the sacred human form with shrines at the head, guest accommodation at the heart and other facilities at the foot. Guests enjoy spectacular sunsets and stunning panoramas of the rice fields and coast. Evenings are cool and refreshing.
The people of Munduk village are involved as much as possible in caring for our guests. We not only provide employment, but engage them in activities that maintain the tropical rainforest and preserve water. We also encourage the young villagers to keep their cultural heritage alive with traditional dance, music and crafts.
Puri Lumbung Cottages Mission:
To develop a small scale model of rural tourism development as a core of economic activities in which both human being and natural components will get a sustainable direct and indirect benefits. It is also to confirm that if tourism is planned and developed ethically will drive economic and non economic proportionally.
All rooms at Puri Lumbung Cottages are crafted from hardwood in traditional North Balinese designs. Our rooms are designed to be secure and earthquake resistant.
12 Twin or Double Standard Cottages
With a spacious bathroom, upstairs bedroom and walk-out balcony.
2 Family Cottages
Providing space for a family or group of four or more with a spacious living area, bedroom, two bathrooms, balcony and a fire place.
1 Deluxe Family Cottage
With double the space of the Family Cottage, two bathrooms, an open fireplace and connecting balcony.
Puri Garden II has 22 rooms. Fully equipped with its facilities such as bar & restaurants, swimming pool, natural garden with its colorful local flowers.
1 Deluxe Alam Dewata
Our Villa offers spectacular views over verdant rice fields, a dramatic valley and the distant sea. It features one bedroom upstairs, one down stairs, an open-air bathroom, fireplace and kitchenette.
- Trekking, Transport, Tour and Sightseeing Desk
- A walk around the village to watch women making offerings, preparing food and taking part in their daily lives
- A trek to observe farmers ploughing, planting and harvesting rice and picking and drying coffee, cloves and cocoa
- Observing traditional tropical fruits & commodities such as coffee, cocoa, clove and vanilla as well as herbs for treatment
- Jogging and climbing around the hotel area
- Visit a number of ancient historical places which are spread out around the village to learn more about the area’s fascinating history. Visit lakes, rivers, valleys and mountains which are integral parts of Bali’s spiritual energy
- Observe the rich cultural heritage of painting, music, dance, the traditional market and other activities which have been practiced by our community since ancient times
- Traditional water distribution system for the rice field (SUBAK) conservation
- Baby Sitting
- Safety Deposit Boxes
- Massage Service
- Postal Service
- Art Shop
- Doctor on Call
- A garden of Herbs, Flowers, Tropical Fruits, Coffee and Cloves
- Cocoa Nursery
- Private Meeting Space Suitable for 10 to 15 People
- Jogging Paths Around The Hotel
- Telephone and Fax as well as Internet Connection to keep you in touch with the rest of world
- Major credit card accepted
|Puri Lumbung Cottages|
|Standard Cottage Single||$62|
|Standard Cottage Twin||$66|
|Family Cottage ( 2 A + 1C)||$90|
|Family Cottage ( 2 A + 2C)||$90|
|Deluxe Family Cottage (2A+2C)||$130|
|Deluxe Alam Dewata Villa||$198|
|Tamblang Nature Cabin|
Deluxe Taman Puri Villa
Deluxe Taman Puri Cottages
Meme Surung Homestay
|Puri Sunny Guest House|
One child sharing with parents less than 10 years old free of charge